A policeman died after he accidentally fired his issued firearm in Bansalan, Davao del Sur on Tuesday afternoon.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI identified him as Patrolman Kim Lester Remonde Cosido, 27, single, presently assigned to the Digos City Police Station, and a resident of Purok Mauswagon, Barangay Tubod of the same town.
The police officer was rushed to Viacrusis Hospital and a caller informed the Bansalan Municipal Police Station about it.
The report said the personnel sustained a lone gunshot wound on his chest, which exited at the right portion of his back.
Further investigation showed that Cosido was dismantling his service firearm (a Taurus TS9 with serial number TLT93354) outside his house for cleaning. It was not yet clear how he accidentally fired the weapon.
The policeman was declared dead on arrival. Investigators conducted a paraffin test to aid in their investigation.
Recovered from the crime scene included the Taurus pistol with a fired cartridge stuck inside the upper receiver, one magazine inserted with 15 pieces of 9mm live ammunition, and one firearm case with cleaning tools.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon