Mayor Sara Duterte expressed her gratitude to the volunteer doctors behind the “Tawag kay Doc” telemedicine of the Davao City Central 911.
In a letter published in the city’s Facebook page, she thanked the doctors for lending a hand to the residents, especially during the pandemic.
“Your contributions and sacrifices as frontliners to flatten the curve and protect more people from contracting the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), while providing free teleconsultation services with no other than the topnotch doctors of the city, serve as an inspiration to all our fellow Dabawenyos and give us the strength to steady through these challenging times,” the letter reads.
After more than three months of answering coronavirus and common health concerns, the Davao City government ended its “Tawag kay Doc” telemedicine service over the weekend.
From March 23 to June 13, the “Tawag kay Doc” telemedicine service served over 12,000 calls of coronavirus-related consultations and other common ailments.
The telemedicine, operating through the Davao City Central 911, was participated by almost 150 volunteer doctors, among them are internists, pediatricians, EENT (Eye Ear Nose and Throat), and obstetricians from the Southern Mindanao Chapters of Philippine College of Physicians (PCP) and the Philippine Pediatric Society (PPS).
The telemedicine service was opened to serve the people while the city was on lockdown to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
“We need to thank the Philippine College of Physicians and Philippine Pediatric Society. We are truly grateful and thankful for what they did, and for the opportunity to assist them for their generous support to Dabawenyos,” she said.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art