Three individuals were jailed after they were caught drinking and gambling in San Vicente, Buhangin on Sunday.
They were identified as Paul Castaares Antoque, 35, construction worker; Alex Lamberte Luminaria, 38, jobless; and Ronnel Galacio Carael, 36, jobless, and a resident of NHA Buhangin.
Maj. Estrello Ramiso, the commander of the Buhangin Police Station, said the police officers were monitoring the situation following the rising floodwaters at 5 p.m. on Sunday. They were approached by a concerned citizen who informed them about the illegal activities of the three men.
They verified the report and found them sharing an alcoholic beverage and playing a local card game called Tong-its.
Confiscated from their possession one bottle of Tanduay Rhum 750ml, one bottle of Tanduay Rhum 375ml, one plastic glass, one set of cards, and the wager money amounting to P80.
The suspects are now in the custody of the Buhangin Police Station while a case for violation of PD 1602 (Illegal Gambling) and RA 11332 (Liquor Ban) is prepared against them.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online