A municipal councilor of Kiblawan Davao del Sur was arrested, along with his driver and a mango harvester, after they were caught having a shabu session in Bankerohan Public Market, Barangay 5-A, on Saturday afternoon.
They were identified as Councilor Cipriano Ponce Sarona, 53; Butch Eltagonde Amarillo, 38, contractual driver (job order) of the municipality; and Archie Napoles Truya, 31, a resident of Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Office director, said the three were caught while in the act of sniffing shabu inside the market stall that was rented by Sarona. The legislator is also a mango wholesaler.
Recovered inside the stall included one sachet of suspected shabu and three sachets with shabu residue, four improvised aluminum foil tooters, one aluminum foil folded with funnel with suspected shabu residue, two disposable lighters and aluminum foil with needle attached.
The suspects are now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office while a case for violation of RA 9165 ( Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) awaits them.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach