A municipal councilor of Kiblawan Davao del Sur was arrested, along with his driver and a mango harvester, after they were caught having a shabu session in Bankerohan Public Market, Barangay 5-A, on Saturday afternoon.
They were identified as Councilor Cipriano Ponce Sarona, 53; Butch Eltagonde Amarillo, 38, contractual driver (job order) of the municipality; and Archie Napoles Truya, 31, a resident of Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Office director, said the three were caught while in the act of sniffing shabu inside the market stall that was rented by Sarona. The legislator is also a mango wholesaler.
Recovered inside the stall included one sachet of suspected shabu and three sachets with shabu residue, four improvised aluminum foil tooters, one aluminum foil folded with funnel with suspected shabu residue, two disposable lighters and aluminum foil with needle attached.
The suspects are now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office while a case for violation of RA 9165 ( Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) awaits them.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months