A municipal councilor of Kiblawan Davao del Sur was arrested, along with his driver and a mango harvester, after they were caught having a shabu session in Bankerohan Public Market, Barangay 5-A, on Saturday afternoon.
They were identified as Councilor Cipriano Ponce Sarona, 53; Butch Eltagonde Amarillo, 38, contractual driver (job order) of the municipality; and Archie Napoles Truya, 31, a resident of Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Office director, said the three were caught while in the act of sniffing shabu inside the market stall that was rented by Sarona. The legislator is also a mango wholesaler.
Recovered inside the stall included one sachet of suspected shabu and three sachets with shabu residue, four improvised aluminum foil tooters, one aluminum foil folded with funnel with suspected shabu residue, two disposable lighters and aluminum foil with needle attached.
The suspects are now under the custody of the Davao City Police Office while a case for violation of RA 9165 ( Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) awaits them.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market