Elements of the Tugbok Police Station seized an estimated P900,000 worth of shabu in a buy-bust conducted in Bangkas Heights, Toril District around 2 p.m. on Friday.
They also arrested the suspects, identified as James Balingan Baron, 52, electrician/welder, and his live-in partner, Aida Antiquina, 47, businesswoman.
Maj. Ricky Obenza, the commander of Tugbok police, said the two were arrested in their house in Purok 7-A of the said barangay on Friday.
He said a confidential informant appeared before the Tugbok police and fed the information about the activities of the couple. They were known in the area by their monickers, Angkol and Madam.
Obenza immediately organized a team to conduct the entrapment operation, especially after verifying that they were included in the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist.
The two are now detained in the Tugbok Police Station while a case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) was prepared against them.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories