Mayor Sara Duterte asked the public to be wary of people using her name to swindle potential victims.
In her regular Davao City Disaster Radio program, she said the public needed to verify the information first before deciding to give their donations in cash or in kind. As a general rule, the City Mayor’s Office does not deploy its staff to go around and solicit money.
“If there are people who will approach you, the best way ana is to verify it with the City Mayor’s Office,” she said.
She said verification can be done by emailing her office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the Davao City Reports on Facebook.
The mayor received reports about some individuals dropping her names to ask for donations that would supposedly go to the government’s anti-COVID-19 efforts. The mayor said she has not authorized anyone to solicit donations on her behalf.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories