Mayor Sara Duterte asked the public to be wary of people using her name to swindle potential victims.
In her regular Davao City Disaster Radio program, she said the public needed to verify the information first before deciding to give their donations in cash or in kind. As a general rule, the City Mayor’s Office does not deploy its staff to go around and solicit money.
“If there are people who will approach you, the best way ana is to verify it with the City Mayor’s Office,” she said.
She said verification can be done by emailing her office at email@example.com or by sending a message to the Davao City Reports on Facebook.
The mayor received reports about some individuals dropping her names to ask for donations that would supposedly go to the government’s anti-COVID-19 efforts. The mayor said she has not authorized anyone to solicit donations on her behalf.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy