Another military unit has replaced the 19th Infantry Battalion which has left North Cotabato for four years to return to its mother unit, the Eight Infantry Division in Samar.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the 27th Infantry (Action) Battalion, formerly assigned in Tupi, South Cotabato, has filled the void left by the 19th Infantry Battalion.
The area is under the operational control of the 10th Infantry Division. The area includes Arakan, Antipas, Pres Roxas, Kibawe and Damulog, all in North Cotabato.
During a sendoff ceremony of the 19th Battalion, present were Eastern Mindanao Command Chief Jose Faustino Jr., 10th Infantry Division Commander Gen Reuben Basiao, and 901st Brigade CommanderGabriel Viray III.
The 19th Infantry Battalion arrived in Calbayog on June 11.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon