Another military unit has replaced the 19th Infantry Battalion which has left North Cotabato for four years to return to its mother unit, the Eight Infantry Division in Samar.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the 27th Infantry (Action) Battalion, formerly assigned in Tupi, South Cotabato, has filled the void left by the 19th Infantry Battalion.
The area is under the operational control of the 10th Infantry Division. The area includes Arakan, Antipas, Pres Roxas, Kibawe and Damulog, all in North Cotabato.
During a sendoff ceremony of the 19th Battalion, present were Eastern Mindanao Command Chief Jose Faustino Jr., 10th Infantry Division Commander Gen Reuben Basiao, and 901st Brigade CommanderGabriel Viray III.
The 19th Infantry Battalion arrived in Calbayog on June 11.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach