Another military unit has replaced the 19th Infantry Battalion which has left North Cotabato for four years to return to its mother unit, the Eight Infantry Division in Samar.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the 27th Infantry (Action) Battalion, formerly assigned in Tupi, South Cotabato, has filled the void left by the 19th Infantry Battalion.
The area is under the operational control of the 10th Infantry Division. The area includes Arakan, Antipas, Pres Roxas, Kibawe and Damulog, all in North Cotabato.
During a sendoff ceremony of the 19th Battalion, present were Eastern Mindanao Command Chief Jose Faustino Jr., 10th Infantry Division Commander Gen Reuben Basiao, and 901st Brigade CommanderGabriel Viray III.
The 19th Infantry Battalion arrived in Calbayog on June 11.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market