Another military unit has replaced the 19th Infantry Battalion which has left North Cotabato for four years to return to its mother unit, the Eight Infantry Division in Samar.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the 27th Infantry (Action) Battalion, formerly assigned in Tupi, South Cotabato, has filled the void left by the 19th Infantry Battalion.
The area is under the operational control of the 10th Infantry Division. The area includes Arakan, Antipas, Pres Roxas, Kibawe and Damulog, all in North Cotabato.
During a sendoff ceremony of the 19th Battalion, present were Eastern Mindanao Command Chief Jose Faustino Jr., 10th Infantry Division Commander Gen Reuben Basiao, and 901st Brigade CommanderGabriel Viray III.
The 19th Infantry Battalion arrived in Calbayog on June 11.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months