The city government has completed the fourth round of the food distribution to women/people in prostitution (PIP) whose source of income was also affected by the lockdown against COVID-19.
Gina A. Molon, officer-in-charge of the food assistance of the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), said the agency has reached out to a total of 323 PIPs in San Pedro, Legaspi, Anda, Claveria, and Tiongko streets.
Together with the food assistance, the CSWDO also distributed hotline number cards in case they would need psychosocial assistance.
The beneficiaries were already clients of the city government’s different advocacy, medical, and outreach programs.
“In fact, we already organized them. We have organizations on people in prostitution,” Molon said.
She added that aside from the livelihood assistance, their children are also beneficiaries of the city’s educational program. “They are all our beneficiaries in our livelihood and education assistance,” Molon added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market