The city government has completed the fourth round of the food distribution to women/people in prostitution (PIP) whose source of income was also affected by the lockdown against COVID-19.
Gina A. Molon, officer-in-charge of the food assistance of the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), said the agency has reached out to a total of 323 PIPs in San Pedro, Legaspi, Anda, Claveria, and Tiongko streets.
Together with the food assistance, the CSWDO also distributed hotline number cards in case they would need psychosocial assistance.
The beneficiaries were already clients of the city government’s different advocacy, medical, and outreach programs.
“In fact, we already organized them. We have organizations on people in prostitution,” Molon said.
She added that aside from the livelihood assistance, their children are also beneficiaries of the city’s educational program. “They are all our beneficiaries in our livelihood and education assistance,” Molon added.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course