A barangay tanod of Sto. Niño in Tugbok District was arrested by law enforcers during a buy-bust operation at 4:30 p.m. on Monday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, identified him as Aries Leo Maintang, 42, and a resident of Purok 11, Eagle Street of the said barangay where the operation was conducted.
The operatives arrested Maintang after monitoring his activities for about a month. The surveillance was launched on the tip from a concerned citizen through the PDEA hotline about a barangay tanod who was involved in drugs.
He was arrested when he handed over one plastic sachet of suspected shabu to the undercover agent. The drug weighed five grams with a market value of P25,000. Also recovered from his possession were four more sachets of drugs with an estimated street value of P60,000.
He said Maintang was charged with violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) and Section 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
If found guilty, the maximum penalty shall be imposed, in addition to absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online