A homebased seller was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Piapi Boulevard, Barangay 21-C, at 4:20 p.m. on Sunday.
The suspect was identified as Jay-R Magaña Saberon, 30, married, and a resident of the area.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the station commander the Sta. Ana Police Station, said that the members of the Drug Enforcement Unit seized 15 grams of shabu from the suspect, with an estimated street market value of P210,000.
The suspect was included in the drugs watchlist of the Directorate for Intelligence. His patrons were mostly members of LGBT community and unemployed individuals. Also confiscated from him were six sachets of shabu, one Nokia cellular phone, and P500 cash.
The suspect faces a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach