Davao City – The city’s golf driving ranges are now open for golf enthusiasts to practice their golf swings, putts and chips after the City Government of Davao issued a ‘thumbs-up’ to resume its operations after the Covid 19 pandemic lockdown.
City Mayors Office Sports Development Division officer-in-charge Michael Denton Aportadera bared that Eaglemasters Golf Driving Range at the Crocodile Park in Gadi Road, Barangay Ma-a; Power Golf Driving Range at Purok 18, Gem Village Ma-a and Winners Golf at Eden Street, Datu Loho Village in Ma-a can now resume its operations provide that they would follow the new health and safety protocol as provided by the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) Omnibus guidelines for GCQ (General Community Quarantine) areas and the local government unit.
This follows the Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) Omnibus guidelines Section 4 (13) allowing non contact sports and other forms of exercises such walking, jogging, running, cycling, golf, swimming, tennis, badminton, equistrian and scateboarding. IATF guidelines allow people below 21 years of age and above 60 years old, pregnant women, individuals with immunodefeciency, co-morbidities and other health risks in outdoor and non-contact sports.
Just recently, local golf courses Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club, Apo Golf and Country Club and the South Pacific Golf and Leisure Estates welcomed its members and guests after Mayor Inday Sara Duterte approved its resumption of operations provided that they will follow strictly the new health and safety protocols and guidelines as discussed with her. (with reports from Seth delos Reyes CMO/CSDDO)
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories