A 62-year-old businessman was gunned down by an unidentified perpetrator in Crystal Meadow at Km. 11, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District at 8:15 a.m. on Monday.
The victim was identified as Nestor Besoro Teoroseo, married, and a resident of the subdivision.
Maj. Jerome De Guzman, the commander of Sasa Police Station, said the witness was waiting for a passenger for his tricycle when he saw the victim go out of the house.
Upon reaching the interior portion of the subdivision, the gunman, who was waiting on his black XRM motorcycle, approached the victim from behind and shot him on the back of the head.
Teoroseo collapsed on the paved road while the perpetrator grabbed the bag of the victim before fleeing on his motorcycle.
The witness did not see the face of the gunman but he was wearing a matching black jacket and a pair of denim pants.
The Scene of the Crime Operative team, led by Lt. Joefrey Benjie Bueno, recovered a cartridge near the victim’s body. The investigation is still ongoing on the murder of the businessman, said the police major.
Meanwhile, his remains were brought to St. Peter Funeral parlor for proper disposition.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission