An underage female rebel who was wounded during a clash in Kitaotao, Bukidnon on June 5 was brought to the hospital by soldiers for medical treatment.
Meanwhile, troops recovered an improvised explosive device (IED) and a hand grenade from her possession.
Maj. Jerry Lamosao, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, identified her as alias Nina, 17, a supply officer of the NPA. Reportedly, she was a student of Salugpongan Ta’tanu Igkanugon Learning Center.
Nina was wounded during a 30-minute encounter between the New People’s Army and elements of the 3rd Infantry Battalion in Sitio Pinanubuan, Barangay Sinuda, Kitaotao Bukidnon. The troops were acting on reports about the presence of armed men in the area.
While clearing the area, they found the female teen who was left bleeding to death. She was given first aid by the soldiers before they rushed her to German Hospital in Buda, Marilog. She was later transferred to Southern Philippine Medical Center for medical treatment.
She is now in stable condition.
Nina told soldiers that she studied in the Salugpongan Ta’tanu Igkanugon Learning Center in Sitio Nasilaban, Barangay Palma Gil, Talaingod, Davao del Norte in 2018, when she was still 15 years old.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year