An underage female rebel who was wounded during a clash in Kitaotao, Bukidnon on June 5 was brought to the hospital by soldiers for medical treatment.
Meanwhile, troops recovered an improvised explosive device (IED) and a hand grenade from her possession.
Maj. Jerry Lamosao, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, identified her as alias Nina, 17, a supply officer of the NPA. Reportedly, she was a student of Salugpongan Ta’tanu Igkanugon Learning Center.
Nina was wounded during a 30-minute encounter between the New People’s Army and elements of the 3rd Infantry Battalion in Sitio Pinanubuan, Barangay Sinuda, Kitaotao Bukidnon. The troops were acting on reports about the presence of armed men in the area.
While clearing the area, they found the female teen who was left bleeding to death. She was given first aid by the soldiers before they rushed her to German Hospital in Buda, Marilog. She was later transferred to Southern Philippine Medical Center for medical treatment.
She is now in stable condition.
Nina told soldiers that she studied in the Salugpongan Ta’tanu Igkanugon Learning Center in Sitio Nasilaban, Barangay Palma Gil, Talaingod, Davao del Norte in 2018, when she was still 15 years old.
- Marvel x Miniso at Home and Living sale
- CITY IN PHOTOS
- CITY IN PHOTOS
- ROUGH CUTS | Why are they ‘noisy’ now
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | Bringing out the best in us
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Opening Farewell
- 2 Reds slain in clashes | military
- Seniors to get COVID-19 shots starting next month
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day