The Provincial Health Office of Davao del Norte has confirmed that five residents who tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are all asymptomatic.
The patients are on strict monitoring in the isolation facilities.
On Saturday, the Department of Health (DOH) XI bared that the province had five new positives, two of them are residents of Tagum City and one from Panabo.
The two residents from Tagum City include a 26-year-old female and a 32-year-old male who were part of the sweeper flight back to Davao City last May 26 through the national government’s “Hatid Probinsya” program.
In a statement late afternoon of June 6, the city government of Tagum has assured the public that these individuals have been subjected to a mandatory quarantine since their arrival.
Meanwhile, the one from Panabo City boarded the sweeper flight last May 31.
The Panabo City Health Office reported that as of 3 p.m. on June 6, the 29-year-old patient’s condition is classified as “asymptomatic” and he is currently under strict monitoring in a COVID-19 isolation facility. The health officials noted that contact tracing is also ongoing for people who have had possible contact with the patient.
The two individuals from the Island Garden City of Samal, on the other hand, are a 40-year-old female and a 14-year-old male, respectively. The Provincial Health Office said they both had a travel history from a “high-risk area in Davao City.”
Currently, the province has a total of 5,707 persons under monitoring (PUMs) have already been cleared, while 1, 452 other PUMs are still under observation.
The Provincial Health Office said those PUMs who were already “cleared” have already completed their mandatory 14-day home quarantine “without manifesting symptoms” associated with COVID-19.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021