In Davao Oriental, 14 probable individuals are sent for confirmatory swabbing although they manifested no symptoms up to now.
The provincial government bared that the 12 patients who have yielded negative results from the Reverse Transcription – Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) swab test taken from them last Wednesday, are still awaiting the result of their repeat swab test.
A second negative result for the RT-PCR swab test is required in order for the patients’ status to be classified as a “recovery” from COVID-19. They noted that the result of their swab tests is expected to be released over the weekend.
These 12 patients were the previously reported individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 on May 29. Eight of them are Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who were residents of the municipalities of San Isidro and Banaybanay. Four others were also residents of Banaybanay. They were found to have a travel history in Maguindanao.
The 12 patients are currently confined at the quarantine centers of their respective LGUs, waiting to be discharged once their repeat tests yield negative results. They are, however, still required to undergo the mandatory 14-day quarantine at home.
Meanwhile, the two other active positive cases have already been re-swabbed, including their direct contacts. The provincial government said the patients are still in isolation and waiting for their repeat swab test results.
Moreover, Davao Oriental has also recorded 13 COVID-19 suspects, all of which are isolated at the provinces designated PUI center; while a total of 1,495 persons being monitored as of June 6.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat