Davao City – After a much longer wait, finally senior golfers (60 years old and above) and junior parbusters (21 years old and below) are approved to hit the fairways.
‘We are happy that it was already approved that they can already play. We are now accepting tee time reservations for both senior and junior golfers,’ said Tommy Inigo, general manager of the Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club.
Aside from Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club, other golf courses also opened their gates for senior and junior golfers after getting the green light from the City Government of Davao, Friday, June 6.
Golfers are to play provided that they would follow the safety-new normal protocols.
Approved safety protocols for the new-normal under GCQ (General Community Quarantine) were the doing away with caddies in which they will be assigned per flight acting as spotters or markers and as well tasked to repair divots and rake bunkers. Golfers are also to use face masks, follow social distancing, avoid large gatherings on the first tee, driving range or after the rounds; ball marking, avoid handshakes and high fives. There will be no use of lockers , one player per cart, bring your own towel/water container and the golf schedule for golfers playing per day.
‘We will also limit the entries of golfers who want to play to avoid huge gatherings among the fairways which was part of the safety protocol. That’s why we have tee time reservations. It goes out to all seniors, juniors, members and their guests,’ Inigo added.
For reservations, call the Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club at 0977-149833 and look for Arlene.
Golf is one of the sport approved during the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) aside from jogging, running, cycling, swimming, tennnis, badminton, equestrian and skateboarding.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?