fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

UM IPO: 80% satisfied on city COVID response

Eight in 10 Davaoeños are satisfied with the policies and services of the local government in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The University of Mindanao Institute of Popular Opinion conducted a survey from May 20 to May 31 on Davaoeños, aged 18 to 65 years old, to assess the current relief efforts of the city government, as well as the national government, to COVID-19 pandemic.

UM statistician John Vianne Murcia, in a press statement, revealed that only 6.8% of the respondents were not satisfied with the relief efforts of the city government, while 16.9% had no definite answer at the time of the survey.

“Davaoeños were mostly satisfied with the strict implementation of IATF guidelines on social distancing, the relief operations, the local initiatives on community quarantine (i.e. clustering), and decisive leadership of the City Mayor,” he added.

On the question, “Are you satisfied with how the national government is handling the COVID-19?” 7 in 10 of the respondents said they were satisfied, with 15.2% expressing their dissatisfaction and 16.6% not providing a definite answer.

However, among the top concerns of the respondents include what they considered to be the premature shift to the general community quarantine, the police on mass testing, and “and the alleged unfair relief distribution and response.”

The local government has spent more than P400 million for its COVID-19 efforts, and the bulk of the budget went to the food ration. Last month, it completed the fourth round of rice distribution to 182 barangays, but Mayor Sara Duterte assured that the relief aid will continue during the duration of the quarantine.

Meanwhile, the local government also shifted its attention toward the employees and workers who were displaced after businesses suspended operations during the lockdown. “They have catered to 12 establishments with a total of 182 employees, and then the 21 associations of masseurs and manicurists numbering to 469 [members],” Duterte added.

She said they will also prioritize the displaced workers in the next phase of the food ration.

Share this post:
error
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
Instagram
RSS