Twenty-five Davao City Police Office personnel from different police stations underwent a handgun familiarization and precision test activity at the firing range in Camp Captain Domingo E. Leonor, San Pedro Street.
The activity was supervised by the DCPO Human Resource Doctrine and Development.
“This activity aims to improve the ability of a police officer in gun handling and to develop competence and confidence within the personnel,” Col. Kirby John Kraft, city police director, said.
He said they were not only taught how to handle and fire their guns but, more importantly, when to use the weapons.
“Despite the situation and challenges we are all facing caused by COVID-19 disease, the Davao City Police Office will ensure that we provide a better, if not the best service, to protect the general public with effective and efficient police officers,” he said.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?