The Davao City Overland Transport Terminal (DCOTT) has employed health protocol standards to ensure the safety of commuters after the 26 inter-provincial buses resumed operations on Monday, June 1.
The terminal management collaborated with the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) to install instructional stickers and paints, washing areas, alcohol foot pumps; and sanitizers at the bus terminal.
A total of 26 inter-provincial buses have been allowed to operate between Davao City and Davao provinces by the regional Franchising Regulation of the Land and Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board.
Each week, 13 buses will leave Davao City to the four Davao provinces – Davao del Norte, Davao de Oro, Davao Oriental, and Davao del Sur; and 13 buses will enter Davao City from the four Davao provinces.
The trips also include buses going to and coming from Tagum City, Talaingod, Monkayo, Nabunturan, Laak, Pantukan, New Bataan, Governor Generoso, Caraga, Boston, and Digos City.
Buses for Davao del Norte and Davao Oriental will operate from Monday to Friday while the buses bound for Davao de Oro and Davao del Sur will operate from Monday to Saturday.
Each bus is limited to carry 25 passengers to maintain social distancing. This means a total of 325 passengers enter and exit Davao City every day.
CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said there is no existing regulation yet regarding the inter-regional bus operation.
“Maybe by next week, there might be some inter-regional bus operations from Cagayan or Butuan. We still have not received an advisory for now,” Abude said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1