The man who reportedly escaped from the Southern Philippines Medical Center was not a COVID-19 patient.
This was clarified by Mayor Sara Duterte in a radio interview yesterday.
A photo of the man has been circulating on social media. He was also identified in the viral photo, although TIMES is withholding his identity in compliance with the Philippine Mental Health Act.
The mayor said the man escaped from the mental health facility of the SPMC. But he was already returned to the hospital unharmed.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the patient was seen along Roxas Avenue at past 11 p.m. on Sunday.
“He was mentally ill and he escaped from the mental wellness center,” Aguilar said.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant