The man who reportedly escaped from the Southern Philippines Medical Center was not a COVID-19 patient.
This was clarified by Mayor Sara Duterte in a radio interview yesterday.
A photo of the man has been circulating on social media. He was also identified in the viral photo, although TIMES is withholding his identity in compliance with the Philippine Mental Health Act.
The mayor said the man escaped from the mental health facility of the SPMC. But he was already returned to the hospital unharmed.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the patient was seen along Roxas Avenue at past 11 p.m. on Sunday.
“He was mentally ill and he escaped from the mental wellness center,” Aguilar said.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed