The man who reportedly escaped from the Southern Philippines Medical Center was not a COVID-19 patient.
This was clarified by Mayor Sara Duterte in a radio interview yesterday.
A photo of the man has been circulating on social media. He was also identified in the viral photo, although TIMES is withholding his identity in compliance with the Philippine Mental Health Act.
The mayor said the man escaped from the mental health facility of the SPMC. But he was already returned to the hospital unharmed.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the patient was seen along Roxas Avenue at past 11 p.m. on Sunday.
“He was mentally ill and he escaped from the mental wellness center,” Aguilar said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat