A retired employee of the Davao City Water District (DCWD) is facing multiple murder and frustrated murder after he attempted to slaughter an entire family in Purok Waling-Waling, Mansanitas Drive, Buhangin at around 10 a.m. on Sunday.
Meanwhile, blinded by murderous rage, the suspect Rolando Rebullos Salazar, 66, also accidentally shot his son who was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.
Maj. Estrello B. Ramiso, the commander of Buhangin Police Station, said that at around 9:45 a.m., the Navarro family was preparing to eat breakfast inside the shanty when the suspect barged in and shot them with his 9mm pistol.
The victims were identified as Zusima Yap Navarro, 62; Ryan Navarro, 39, married; Rafael Yap Navarro, 33, married, and Rusty Yap Navarro, 35, married. Jeselle Navarro, 35, married, died from the attack while the others were brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center.
The elder Salazar fled on foot as neighbors were disturbed by the commotion.
As he was fleeing, however, he saw somebody blocked his path. Without thinking, he also fired his gun. It turned out that it was his own son, identified as Rolando R. Salazar, 41.
The suspect was apprehended by PSSg. Peter John De Cadiz who first responded to the scene. He also confiscated the weapon, an Armscor 9mm with serial number 911896, along with two loaded magazines
According to the Buhangin station commander, the motive of the shooting was due to a leaking septic tank of the suspect.
“It was a neighbors quarrel, he said. The suspect was confronted by the victims.
Ramiso said that the suspect confessed that he didnt recognize his son because of his mental state.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1