A retired employee of the Davao City Water District (DCWD) is facing multiple murder and frustrated murder after he attempted to slaughter an entire family in Purok Waling-Waling, Mansanitas Drive, Buhangin at around 10 a.m. on Sunday.
Meanwhile, blinded by murderous rage, the suspect Rolando Rebullos Salazar, 66, also accidentally shot his son who was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.
Maj. Estrello B. Ramiso, the commander of Buhangin Police Station, said that at around 9:45 a.m., the Navarro family was preparing to eat breakfast inside the shanty when the suspect barged in and shot them with his 9mm pistol.
The victims were identified as Zusima Yap Navarro, 62; Ryan Navarro, 39, married; Rafael Yap Navarro, 33, married, and Rusty Yap Navarro, 35, married. Jeselle Navarro, 35, married, died from the attack while the others were brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center.
The elder Salazar fled on foot as neighbors were disturbed by the commotion.
As he was fleeing, however, he saw somebody blocked his path. Without thinking, he also fired his gun. It turned out that it was his own son, identified as Rolando R. Salazar, 41.
The suspect was apprehended by PSSg. Peter John De Cadiz who first responded to the scene. He also confiscated the weapon, an Armscor 9mm with serial number 911896, along with two loaded magazines
According to the Buhangin station commander, the motive of the shooting was due to a leaking septic tank of the suspect.
“It was a neighbors quarrel, he said. The suspect was confronted by the victims.
Ramiso said that the suspect confessed that he didnt recognize his son because of his mental state.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success