The lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community has completed the distribution of 4,315 sacks of rice to the barangays.
Mayor Sara Duterte has tapped the LGBT sector to help in the city’s relief distribution since the start of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ). She praised their contribution to the city’s response to COVID-19.
“They deserve a round of applause because they are finally finished,” she said.
She added that there are also members of the LGBT affected by COVID-19 pandemic, yet they still did not hesitate to provide help.
“Thank you very much. We know a lot of members from the LGBT community are also affected by COVID-19 but they still helped,” she further said.
The mayor selected the LGBT community because they know how it feels to be excluded and marginalized.
“We needed to do this for those who are skeptical of the political structure or those who were missed-out by barangay officials. We needed to find another structure to help find those who need rice assistance,” she said.
A total of 4,315 sacks of rice were distributed to 181 out of 182 barangays in the City. One barangay refused to receive the ration, so their share was added to other barangays.
Along with the rice distribution, the other programs are the food ration by the City Social Welfare and Development Office; fresh goods distribution by the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinarians Office; hot meals ‘lomi‘ and ‘lugaw’ by the Barangay Cultural and Community Affairs Division; and the quick response ration from the City Mayor’s Office.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission