Philippine Sports Commission Chairman William Ramirez received positive feedback from Department of Education Secretary Leonor Briones on his endorsement to retain the inclusion of physical education in the curriculum of our national education system.
Ramirez, wrote Briones to stress the importance of PE in the overall education of our youth and nation building. The Education secretary replied personally to Ramirez assuring him that she agrees with his stand and shall fight for the retention of PE in our schools.
“PE is an important part of our children’s education. It is so important that I believe it should become a core subject,” said Ramirez.
A few weeks ago, a senator cited PE as one of two subjects which may be temporarily removed so that educators can focus on “key subjects” during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We have chosen to let the tide of negative criticism pass, believing that the comment was done with the best interest of other matters in mind and was not meant to minimize Physical Education,” said Ramirez in his letter to Briones, adding that he is writing the Secretary since “as head of the government’s sports agency, it is incumbent upon me to present our position on the issue.”
The PSC, despite the restrictions imposed during this pandemic, kept active in sharing information on sports like online workouts by national team members, webinars on online training, sports nutrition and sports psychology, using different online platforms to reach the athletes and the public.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online