A village councilor in Bunawan district was arrested for illegal possession of drugs and firearms when police served a search warrant inside his house at 7:40 a.m. on Thursday.
Roque Bernardino Velez Bosque III, 36, married, incumbent barangay kagawad of Bunawan, and a resident of Purok 10, Bosque.
Seized from his possession were four sachets of shabu, one .22 caliber rifle with scope, one Colt .45 caliber pistol without a serial number, magazine, ammunition for the two weapons, and a fragmentation grenade.
Also found in his house were one improvised glass tube tooter with suspected shabu residue, small improvised glass tube tooter with suspected shabu residue, four stripes aluminum foil with suspected shabu residue, one empty transparent plastic sachet with suspected shabu, and a disposable lighter with foil needle.
The operating teams were lead by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, Bunawan Police Station commander, together with the City Drug Enforcement Unit, led by Maj. Milan Naz, and personnel of the Special Weapon and Tactics, led by Capt. Manuel Kristian Salgado.
They served the search warrant # 2088 for violation of RA 9165(Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and search warrant # 2089 for violation of RA 10591 (Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunitions). The warrants were signed by Executive Judge Emmanuel C. Carpio dated May 26, 2020.
Villahermosa said the person was considered a high-value target since he was a government official.
Bosque was brought to the Davao City Police Office Special Operations Group for processing.
Meanwhile, he will face a charge for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and RA 10591 (Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunitions) and RA 9516 (Law on Explosives).
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again