The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) XI asked local chief executives and barangay officials to be neutral and honest in producing the masterlist of beneficiaries for the Special Amelioration Program (SAP).
“In the listing of beneficiaries for the second tranche, I plead to local officials to be impartial and truthful in producing the list of beneficiaries,” DILG XI director Alex Roldan told TIMES. “I ask them to exert more effort to validate who really needs most.”
Earlier, four mayors in Davao Region were given show-cause orders for alleged “poor performance” in the implementation of the SAP. The regional office of the DILG already received their answers, which have been forwarded to the central office for evaluation.
However, the regional office of the DILG will be the one to enforce whatever action the central office will recommend.
Based on the DILG official site, 43 mayors were given show-cause orders for failing to meet the standards in the distribution of the cash subsidy to the qualified constituents.
DILG Secretary Eduardo M. Año said local chief executives should explain their poor performance despite the two extensions of the deadline for the SAP distribution. The latest deadline ended at 12 midnight on May 10.
“While the vast majority of the LGUs were able to distribute their SAP before the deadline leading to a national pay-out rate of 97% yesterday, there are some who are lagging behind, thus, the DILG and the public deserves to know why they failed to complete their distribution,” he said.
The 43 LGUs scored 79% and below in terms of the accomplishment rate. Eleven of these mayors are in Western Visayas, eight are in Mimaropa, five in Central Visayas, four in the Davao Region, and four in the National Capital Region.
The local government units concerned also include two in Ilocos Region, two in Cagayan Valley; two in Calabarzon, two in Eastern Visayas, two Northern Mindanao, and one Central Luzon.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission