A barangay tanod was hacked to death in Phase 1, Batulosa Village, Barangay Bangkas Heights, Toril Dsitrict at 2:20 a.m. on Tuesday.
The victim was identified as Juancho Tubog Yap, 58, married, a resident of Phase 2, Batulosa Village.
Maj. Jason L Baria, Toril Police Station commander, said that the victim was sleeping at his usual spot along the road. A witness heard a loud noise and screaming. She went outside her house to verify and found the victim drenched in his own blood.
She fetched a neighbor who was also the barangay councilor, who then called up the police. The witness, however, did not see the suspect.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives team arrived, along with investigators, to process the body and collect evidence.
“I am encouraging anyone who has knowledge or witnessed the crime to come out and help us, he said. We will assure you that your identity will be protected.”
He said that people may call or text 09985987069 for any information on the incident.
The victim succumbed to multiple hack wounds on his right face and neck. His remains were brought to Villa Funeral Homes.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories