A barangay tanod was hacked to death in Phase 1, Batulosa Village, Barangay Bangkas Heights, Toril Dsitrict at 2:20 a.m. on Tuesday.
The victim was identified as Juancho Tubog Yap, 58, married, a resident of Phase 2, Batulosa Village.
Maj. Jason L Baria, Toril Police Station commander, said that the victim was sleeping at his usual spot along the road. A witness heard a loud noise and screaming. She went outside her house to verify and found the victim drenched in his own blood.
She fetched a neighbor who was also the barangay councilor, who then called up the police. The witness, however, did not see the suspect.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives team arrived, along with investigators, to process the body and collect evidence.
“I am encouraging anyone who has knowledge or witnessed the crime to come out and help us, he said. We will assure you that your identity will be protected.”
He said that people may call or text 09985987069 for any information on the incident.
The victim succumbed to multiple hack wounds on his right face and neck. His remains were brought to Villa Funeral Homes.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission