The City of Mati in Davao Oriental has established four health screening stations to monitor the returning residents, as well as other travelers.
On May 25, the local government bared that the Incident Management Team (IMT) has set up a four-level health screening for those who would enter Mati City.
IMT commander Dr. Ben Hur Catbagan Jr. said that all travelers coming from Davao City, which is one of the areas considered to be a hotspot for COVID-19, will first pass through the checkpoint at the Pintatagan border of Davao de Oro and Davao Oriental the first level of the health screening procedure.
They will again be subjected to the second level of screening at the Tagomot border between the municipality of San Isidro and Mati City, and at the Tagawisan checkpoint before entering the city proper (Poblacion area).
The third level of the health screening will be conducted at the transport terminals, upon the arrival of the traveling individuals.
Meanwhile, the designated barangay quarantine checkpoints are designated as the last level of screening before the individuals will be allowed to go home.
The local government also said that those who come from Davao City will be asked to sign an agreement for a mandatory 14-day quarantine where they will be strictly monitored for (COVID-19) symptoms during their stay in the Mati City.
All travelers who would fail the health screenings will be immediately sent to the Alternate Care Site for swab testing and isolation, the local government said.
The city of Matis IMT reiterates that it would welcome all Matinians who would want to return home but they must follow all the health guidelines in place to ensure that the community is protected from COVID-19, it added.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB