A habal-habal driver in Island Garden City of Samal sought the help of the National Bureau of Investigation after he was implicated in issuing a death threat to celebrities Angel Locsin, Coco Martin, and Kim Chiu.
Niel John Abellanosa, a resident of Barangay San Miguel, Samal City was reportedly shocked when he saw his name on social media trying to offer a bounty of P200 million for the deaths of the three celebrities.
The post also offered a reward for those who would successfully bomb the ABS-CBN compound.
“He voluntarily submitted himself for investigation but denied being responsible for the subject Twitter post,” Joel Ayop, the spokesperson of NBI XI, told TIMES.
“He’s willing to undergo a lie detector test and execute an affidavit of denial,” he added.
Abellanosa’s phone will also be subjected to a forensic examination. For now, the suspect is under the custody of NBI.
“Presently, he seeks the assistance of the Public Attorney’s Office for the preparation of the affidavit of denial,” he further said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1