Five alleged drug pushers were arrested inside a drug den in Esmeralda North Subdivision, Purok 33, Barangay Apokon, Tagum City, Davao del Norte on Thursday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI spokesperson, identified them as Lee Galupan, Jose Arch Ariba, and Charlito Pagara.
They were arrested after selling drugs worth P10,000 to an undercover operative. Two drug den visitors, identified as Robinson Tabat and Fleance Irog-Irog were also arrested during the operation.
Five sachets of suspected shabu in different sizes weighing more or less 12 grams with a street value of P180,000, assorted drug paraphernalia, and the buy-bust money were recovered from the suspects.
Joint elements from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI, led by Director II Antonio Rivera, together with Davao Norte Police Provincial Office Provincial Intelligence Branch, led by Maj. Dexter Cuevas, and Tagum City Police Station, led by Lt. Col. Pablito Odias conducted the operation.
The suspects will be charged for violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Section 6 (Maintenance of a Drug Den), Section 7 (Employees and Visitors of a Den), Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Section 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), Section 13 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings) and Section 14 (Possession of Equipment, Instrument, Apparatus and Other Paraphernalia for Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings) Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?