A truck driver was arrested by authorities after shabu was found inside the truck upon passing through a military and police checkpoint in Calinan on Wednesday morning.
Maj. Arquiomedes Wesley, the commander of the Calinan Police Station, identified him as Mark Perez Mingo, 26, single, and a resident of Purok 1, Libertad Quezon, Bukidnon.
Mingo was driving a ten-wheeler Fusu truck bearing plate number CAG 2247 when he was flagged down at the checkpoint of TF Davao in Barangay Lacson, Calinan at 2:30 a.m.
During the course of inspection of CAA Romeo Pableo, he noticed two pieces of disposable lighters with one featuring an attached improvised pin, a crumpled foil, a carton box, and a small color yellow/white container at the right-side portion of the driver beside the shifting gear.
Pableo then questioned the driver to show the contents of the box. When the driver opened it, law enforcers allegedly saw two sachets of suspected shabu, one sachet with drug residue, and a razor blade. They also confiscated four disposable lighters, three improvised foil tooters, two foil strips, and one improvised straw.
The seized drugs weighed 0.0350 grams with an estimated street value of P4,0000. He was then arrested by the police and his truck impounded.
The suspect is now temporarily held in the Calinan Police Station as he faced a case for violation of sections 5, 11, and 12 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success