A policeman and his companion were arrested in a buy-bust operation in Jaza 1, Km. 13, Panacan, Bunawan District at 10:45 p.m. on Monday.
The suspect was identified as PSSgt. Mark Palma, 32, presently detailed at the Davao City Police Office and a resident of Skyline Village, Catalunan Grande. His accomplice, meanwhile, was Rodnie Tamayo, 33, a resident of Jaza 1.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, said operatives recovered seven sachets of alleged shabu weighing at least 15 grams and with a street value of P225,000.
They also seized assorted drug paraphernalia, medium-size unused plastic sachets, boodle money, as well as Palma’s service pistol, a 9mm Glock with live ammunition.
The entrapment operation was conducted by joint elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, led by Atty. Behn Joseph Tesiorna; National Bureau of Investigation XI, led by director Jonathan Balite; and DCPO Intelligence Unit, led by Lt. Col. Noel Asumen.
The suspects will be charged for violation of Article II of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Aside from that, Palma will also face an administrative case, including perpetual disqualification for any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market