A policeman and his companion were arrested in a buy-bust operation in Jaza 1, Km. 13, Panacan, Bunawan District at 10:45 p.m. on Monday.
The suspect was identified as PSSgt. Mark Palma, 32, presently detailed at the Davao City Police Office and a resident of Skyline Village, Catalunan Grande. His accomplice, meanwhile, was Rodnie Tamayo, 33, a resident of Jaza 1.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, said operatives recovered seven sachets of alleged shabu weighing at least 15 grams and with a street value of P225,000.
They also seized assorted drug paraphernalia, medium-size unused plastic sachets, boodle money, as well as Palma’s service pistol, a 9mm Glock with live ammunition.
The entrapment operation was conducted by joint elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, led by Atty. Behn Joseph Tesiorna; National Bureau of Investigation XI, led by director Jonathan Balite; and DCPO Intelligence Unit, led by Lt. Col. Noel Asumen.
The suspects will be charged for violation of Article II of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Aside from that, Palma will also face an administrative case, including perpetual disqualification for any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission