The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group has received at least 10 complaints against barangay officials in Davao City for alleged corruption in the implementation of the Special Amelioration Program.
“We are conducting an investigation and further verification of more or less 10 complaints against barangay captains and purok leaders in our office,” Maj. Milgrace Driz, the CIDG-Davao City Field Unit head, said
Driz said the most common complaint they received was from people who were qualified but excluded from the official list for the cash subsidy.
“We are encouraging the public, especially complainants, to cooperate with authorities and exercise their right in the conduct of our investigation,” she said.
More importantly, she said they must be willing to put their complaints in writing because the CIDG could not pursue a case without a complainant and physical evidence.
“We are praying that the complainants will cooperate,” she further said.
On May 8 at 1:30 p.m., detectives of CIDG-Davao City Field Unit coordinated with Grace Subong, acting regional director of the DSWD-XI, and Daniel Pardillo, duty officer of Department of Interior and Local Government XI to go after barangay officials corrupting the cash subsidy program.
Driz said they all agreed to cooperate to enforce President Duterte’s directive to clean up the SAP distribution. The DSWD XI will provide the CIDG with disbursement receipts, SAP masterlist, names of paid beneficiaries, and other documents for the case buildup against local officials.
However, she said they have yet to receive the list of the paid beneficiaries.
Interior and Local Governments Secretary Eduardo Año instructed all PNP units in the country to prioritize the corruption practices of local officials on SAP distribution. PNP Director General Archie Gamboa then directed the CIDG to take the lead in the investigation and filing of cases against the local officials.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1