Thirteen new patients are added to confirmed COVID-19 cases in Davao City.
In her radio program, Mayor Sara Duterte said that all the patients were from Barangay 23-C.
“We are expecting a high number of positive (cases). I think this the biggest since we started,” she said. “I think they are still not reflected in our numbers.”
Barangay 23-C is one of the communities that have been ordered locked down due to the higher number of cases. Thirteen other barangays have either a street, compound, or house lockdown. Previously, the highest number of cases recorded for Davao City was 12.
Meanwhile, eight new recoveries were recorded in Davao City, bringing the total to 108 patients in the region who successfully hurdled the coronavirus.
As of 5 p.m. of May 16, the Department of Health-Davao also reported one confirmed case in the city. Davao Region now has a total of 198 cases.
Currently, Davao City holds the highest number of cases in the region at 176. The total number of deaths, meanwhile, remains at 25.
The DOH-Davao also said that after a “thorough investigation,” it was established that the two reported cases here in Davao City identified as DR194 and DR195 are from the province of Davao del Norte.
On May 15, the DOH-Davao reported six new cases in Davao City, two of whom were found to be from Davao del Norte. A 10-year-old girl from the Island Garden City of Samal One died of complications from the disease. She was the first case for the city.
“[T]hus, 2 cases are added to Davao del Norte’s statistics today (May 16),” DOH-Davao added.
Davao del Norte now has 14 COVID-19 cases in the province, with nine recoveries and two reported deaths.
The provinces of Davao del Sur and Davao de Oro still remained free from the virus following the reported recoveries of previous patients. The three previous in Davao Oriental also recovered, while Davao Occidental had one confirmed case who already expired due to the disease.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning