More than 2,000 personnel of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) remained COVID-19-free.
“Our next target will be our personnel, especially those who are at the frontlines to ensure that they are working and free from COVID-19,” DCPO director Col. Kirby John Kraft said.
Aside from 26 identified quarantine control points, other control points have been established, particularly in major public markets to check the people who are coming in.
The DCPO is composed of 2,025 personnel with 12 police stations.
In an earlier report, the Police Regional Office XI also said that they are constantly testing their personnel and fortunately, not a single one of them has been infected. The PNP credited its mitigation and sanitation measures to guard against infection.
“We are happy to say that in PRO XI, our personnel are COVID-19-free, attributing it to the discipline of the police despite their deployment in checkpoints and other areas,” Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director, said.
Among the good practices include personal hygiene, handwashing, wearing of face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as decontamination procedures in all camps.
“We are strict in giving guidance to use PPE, ” he added. “It is one of the most important of the duty of the police to continue the service to the people.”
He thanked the support given by private groups, local government units and government officials who provided sacks of rice and PPEs to the frontliners. The PRO XI established 10 regional checkpoints boundaries–three in Davao de Oro, one in Davao Oriental boundary with Surigao del Sur, two in Davao del Sur, and two in Davao Occidental.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission