More than 2,000 personnel of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) remained COVID-19-free.
“Our next target will be our personnel, especially those who are at the frontlines to ensure that they are working and free from COVID-19,” DCPO director Col. Kirby John Kraft said.
Aside from 26 identified quarantine control points, other control points have been established, particularly in major public markets to check the people who are coming in.
The DCPO is composed of 2,025 personnel with 12 police stations.
In an earlier report, the Police Regional Office XI also said that they are constantly testing their personnel and fortunately, not a single one of them has been infected. The PNP credited its mitigation and sanitation measures to guard against infection.
“We are happy to say that in PRO XI, our personnel are COVID-19-free, attributing it to the discipline of the police despite their deployment in checkpoints and other areas,” Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director, said.
Among the good practices include personal hygiene, handwashing, wearing of face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as decontamination procedures in all camps.
“We are strict in giving guidance to use PPE, ” he added. “It is one of the most important of the duty of the police to continue the service to the people.”
He thanked the support given by private groups, local government units and government officials who provided sacks of rice and PPEs to the frontliners. The PRO XI established 10 regional checkpoints boundaries–three in Davao de Oro, one in Davao Oriental boundary with Surigao del Sur, two in Davao del Sur, and two in Davao Occidental.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead