Four women were arrested for gambling in the Quimado compound in Shrine Hills, Matina on Friday afternoon.
They were identified as Susan Singway, Jennifer Kemenero, Marcelina Gudin, and Evelyn Catipay.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) -Davao City Field Unit head, said the suspects were caught in the act by the operatives playing a local card game called “tong its.”
Confiscated from their possession were the set of playing cards and the wager money amounting to P350. They were brought to the Talomo Police Station for temporary detention.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village