Law enforcers finally collared a coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) positive woman who sneaked out of an isolation facility on May 9.
Lt. Col. Ronald L. Lao, station commander of Talomo Police Station, led the team who caught the woman who escaped from one of the isolation facilities of the city.
This developed as Col. Kirby John Kraft, city police director, said authorities have conducted tracing down those who might have contact with the patient. “If you know somebody or you have direct contact with the said patient, please contact the City Task Force Covid-19 hotline,” Kraft.
Lao said he immediately formed the team to run after Arani Hajiba after Mayor Sara Duterte ordered that the patient be tracked after escaping the facility.
The team that someone informed them that someone who resembled Hajiba’s features was seen in Balusong, Matina Crossing which resulted in finding her as she was hiding in an abandoned truck.
“Pinatutukan ko po ito sa aking mga intelligence officers. Our team coordinated with the medical officers manning the facility and some relatives of the patient to carry out this task,” Lao said as the patient was to be turned over to the facility.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon