A barangay project coordinator was arrested at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday for allegedly collecting P1,000 from qualified SAP recipients in Bansalan, Davao del Sur.
The suspect was identified as Ivor John Laug-Laug Casinas, 28, employed as project coordinator of Barangay Poblacion Dos, Bansalan, and a resident of Del Pilar Street, Poblacion Dos of the same town.
He was arrested by operatives of the Criminal Investigation Detective Group-Davao del Sur, who endorsed him to the Bansalan Municipal Police Station.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of the Police Regional Office XI, said that operatives received a tip about the alleged extortion activities of Casinas. They immediately launched an entrapment operation and handcuffed him after he received the marked P1,000 bill along Rose Street, Poblacion.
Recovered from him were the marked bill, one smartphone, eight pieces of quarantine passes, and one ID.
A case for violation of Sec. b and Sec. c of R.A 3019 or the Graft and Corrupt Practices Act and R.A. 11469 Bayanihan to Heal as One Act is now being prepared against the suspect.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission