The City Council convened on Wednesday to further strengthen the response program for COVID-19, including additional testing laboratories and construction of temporary isolation facilities.
The council passed an Ordinance establishing a test laboratory for COVID-19 at the Urban Health Center in Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District. The lab will enhance local testing capabilities and ensure quick turnaround of the results.
Lawmakers also passed an ordinance allowing the city mayor to enter into a memorandum of agreement with various establishments and organizations that will be used as temporary COVID-19 quarantine facilities.
In preparation for the online learning education in Davao City during the COVID-19 crisis, a resolution has also passed asking the National Telecommunications Commission and all existing telecom companies to develop, update, and expand Internet services.
Finally, the council adopted a resolution authorizing the 2020-2025 Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) Program, which serves as the basis for the planning of the DRRM initiatives, projects, and activities, based on the Regional DRRM Fund Investment Plan.
Also, the City Council thanked KNeoWorld Philippines, Inc. and KNeoMedia Australia for their generous donation, through the City Schools Division of Special Education Software, for online learning education.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos