The City Council convened on Wednesday to further strengthen the response program for COVID-19, including additional testing laboratories and construction of temporary isolation facilities.
The council passed an Ordinance establishing a test laboratory for COVID-19 at the Urban Health Center in Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District. The lab will enhance local testing capabilities and ensure quick turnaround of the results.
Lawmakers also passed an ordinance allowing the city mayor to enter into a memorandum of agreement with various establishments and organizations that will be used as temporary COVID-19 quarantine facilities.
In preparation for the online learning education in Davao City during the COVID-19 crisis, a resolution has also passed asking the National Telecommunications Commission and all existing telecom companies to develop, update, and expand Internet services.
Finally, the council adopted a resolution authorizing the 2020-2025 Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) Program, which serves as the basis for the planning of the DRRM initiatives, projects, and activities, based on the Regional DRRM Fund Investment Plan.
Also, the City Council thanked KNeoWorld Philippines, Inc. and KNeoMedia Australia for their generous donation, through the City Schools Division of Special Education Software, for online learning education.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence