The City Council convened on Wednesday to further strengthen the response program for COVID-19, including additional testing laboratories and construction of temporary isolation facilities.
The council passed an Ordinance establishing a test laboratory for COVID-19 at the Urban Health Center in Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District. The lab will enhance local testing capabilities and ensure quick turnaround of the results.
Lawmakers also passed an ordinance allowing the city mayor to enter into a memorandum of agreement with various establishments and organizations that will be used as temporary COVID-19 quarantine facilities.
In preparation for the online learning education in Davao City during the COVID-19 crisis, a resolution has also passed asking the National Telecommunications Commission and all existing telecom companies to develop, update, and expand Internet services.
Finally, the council adopted a resolution authorizing the 2020-2025 Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) Program, which serves as the basis for the planning of the DRRM initiatives, projects, and activities, based on the Regional DRRM Fund Investment Plan.
Also, the City Council thanked KNeoWorld Philippines, Inc. and KNeoMedia Australia for their generous donation, through the City Schools Division of Special Education Software, for online learning education.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB