Authorities arrested 11 suspects and seized more than P700,000 worth of shabu in two separate anti-illegal drug operations in Bo. Obrero and Agdao since Tuesday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the PDEA XI spokesperson, said they launched an operation against Gilbert Gepte, 49, at around 3:30 p.m. at Alzate-Sobrecarey Street in Bo. Obrero. He was arrested after selling one large sachet of drugs with a street value of P25,000.
During the operation, he said five suspected drug den visitors, identified as Ernesto Avelino, Jaime Arat, Rodney Quinto, Julius Tamayo, and Jasper Tagnipis, were also arrested.
Recovered from the suspects were four large sachets weighing 31 grams and a market value of P465,000. Operatives also impounded his Ford Ecosport, which they believe was used for his illegal activities.
Joint elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI and the National Bureau of Investigation XI conducted the buy-bust.
Another five were also arrested and a minor rescued in a drug den in Sta. Lucia Centro, Agdao around 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
Joint elements of PDEA XI and NBI XI conducted the operation, resulting in the arrest of Bryan Duero, 40, a resident of the said place. He allegedly sold one sachet of shabu worth P1,000 to an operative.
During the buy-bust operation, four suspected drug den visitors, identified as Sanerson Serna, Justine Alegado, Jaymerson Tacsan, and Joemar Taylaran were also arrested.
Five plastic sachets of suspected shabu in different sizes, weighing more or less 12 grams and a street value of P180,000, were seized during the operation.
The suspects will be charged for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Sec. 6 (Maintenance of a Drug Den), Sec. 7 (Employees and Visitors of a Den), Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Sec. 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), and Sec. 13 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings) of Article II of the Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
The rescued minor will be turned over to the Quick Response Team for Children’s Concern for discernment and other interventions needed.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market