Four hospitals are now being prepared to accept COVID-19 patients to avoid overwhelming the Southern Philippine Medical Center (SPMC).
Mayor Sara Duterte did not identify the four private hospitals. However, she said over the city-operated Davao City Disaster Radio that they will only be activated once there is a spillover of cases.
“We have (previously) identified three and then now there are four. We added one more private hospital,” she said.
Duterte said they are talking to hospitals to prepare for the worst-case scenario.
“It’s difficult if we have to wait for the SPMC to be (inundated with cases) before we prepare other hospitals,” she said.
Since the outbreak, 161 COVID-19 cases have already been confirmed in the city, where 23 have died and 81 have recovered.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories