Four hospitals are now being prepared to accept COVID-19 patients to avoid overwhelming the Southern Philippine Medical Center (SPMC).
Mayor Sara Duterte did not identify the four private hospitals. However, she said over the city-operated Davao City Disaster Radio that they will only be activated once there is a spillover of cases.
“We have (previously) identified three and then now there are four. We added one more private hospital,” she said.
Duterte said they are talking to hospitals to prepare for the worst-case scenario.
“It’s difficult if we have to wait for the SPMC to be (inundated with cases) before we prepare other hospitals,” she said.
Since the outbreak, 161 COVID-19 cases have already been confirmed in the city, where 23 have died and 81 have recovered.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1