Four hospitals are now being prepared to accept COVID-19 patients to avoid overwhelming the Southern Philippine Medical Center (SPMC).
Mayor Sara Duterte did not identify the four private hospitals. However, she said over the city-operated Davao City Disaster Radio that they will only be activated once there is a spillover of cases.
“We have (previously) identified three and then now there are four. We added one more private hospital,” she said.
Duterte said they are talking to hospitals to prepare for the worst-case scenario.
“It’s difficult if we have to wait for the SPMC to be (inundated with cases) before we prepare other hospitals,” she said.
Since the outbreak, 161 COVID-19 cases have already been confirmed in the city, where 23 have died and 81 have recovered.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year