A barangay chairwoman, her driver, and a community health worker are sued after they reportedly split the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) funds from two beneficiaries in Governor Generoso, Davao Oriental.
They were identified as Maria Te, punong barangay of Manuel Roxas, Governor Generoso, Haydee Monteso, barangay health worker, and driver Romulo Albarasin.
Maj. Julius Jimenez, the provincial head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit-Davao Oriental, told TIMES that they filed a case for violation of Section 3(b) of RA 3019 Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act and Section 6(c) of RA 11469 or the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act against the suspects at 1 p.m. on May 11.
According to the report, Montiso and Albarasin visited the houses of the two SAP beneficiaries, identified as Jerson Loregas, 23, laborer, and Regine Margate, 25, housewife, both residents of Purok 3 of Manuel Roxas.
They were then informed that they were not included in the list of the beneficiaries.
However, Montiso and Albarasin advised them to fill up an application form on the condition that they hand out a portion of the subsidy they will receive.
On April 30, the beneficiaries received the amount of P6,000. Both Montiso and Albarasin went back to claim P4,000 from each of them, supposedly on the orders of Te.
Earlier, Department of Interior and Local Government XI director Alex Roldan said they have already received 30 complaints against barangay officials trying to use the SAP to their advantage.
The director said they are currently coordinating with the Department of Social and Welfare Development and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group to take action on the complaints.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year