Clustering and the use of food and medicine passes will continue even under the general community quarantine (GCQ).
The 24-hour liquor ban will still be in effect. But a new curfew hour will be set, Mayor Sara Duterte said.
The local government will use Sec. 3 of the Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of the Community Quarantine in the Philippines as the basis for issuing a new executive order on GCQ.
She promised to release a draft copy of the EO today, “but remember, there is still a review that will be conducted on May 14 (today).”
She said they will hold off the release of the official EO once the national government will recommend that Davao City is not ready to relax its measures.
“What you will see tomorrow (today) is the advance copy only, not the official EO, because we are waiting on the May 14 review,” she said.
There are only a few modifications between the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) and the GCQ. One of the biggest changes is to allow public utility jeepneys to resume operations. However, as early as 2-3 weeks ago, the City Traffic and Transport Management Office already added barriers on jeepneys under the supervision of doctors.
“They have barriers so we can implement physical distancing,” she said.
“Movement for leisure is still not allowed,” she said. “Those who visit the beach, visit their boyfriends/girlfriends, go to the basketball court to play basketball, go to the neighbor’s house to play mahjong or gossip–these are examples of leisure.”
She said that nobody is still allowed to stay out except to buy food and medicines, go to the hospital, dentist, or work. Mass gatherings (a crowd of more than 10 people) are prohibited.
Also, they are still studying of enforcing house, street, or barangay lockdowns under GCQ.
“Back-riding on motorcycles are still not allowed because distancing is not possible,” she said.
More importantly, the food rations of the city government will still continue under the GCQ.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market