The Food Panda rider tested negative on the follow-up RT-PCR test after getting red-flagged by the rapid kit conducted for all delivery workers on Friday last week.
However, Mayor Sara Duterte said the rider is not totally in the clear yet as health officials recommended a second confirmatory test.
“The doctor said there is a need to repeat so we are waiting for another test,” she said, adding that the rider is now in one of the COVID-19 facilities of the city.
Last week, 800 food panda delivery riders underwent rapid testing. Recently, 100 more riders were also subject to tests.
Meanwhile, the city government assured strict protocols after the arrival of mostly overseas contract workers on board two mercy flights from Manila and Clark.
The two mercy flights are scheduled to arrive at the Francisco Bangoy International Airport on May 12 and May 14, with an undetermined number of passengers.
The said flights have been given a go-ahead by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) Task Force in Manila.
“We have our procedure here in Davao. That is the best we can do as of now for the entry of returning residents,” Duterte said.
Upon arrival, all passengers will be given screening cards and a rapid testing Kit (RDT). They are also obliged to undergo strict self-quarantine and monitoring. Passengers manifesting symptoms within the 14-day quarantine are required to inform their District/Barangay Health Officer and go to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
They are also required to undergo symptom screening on the 7th day and 14th day from the date of their arrival.
On May 4 and 6, 2020, the local government of Davao facilitated two sweeper flights from Davao to Manila and Clark. Of the 270 passengers of the Manila-Davao flight, one passenger tested positive for the coronavirus.
“Expect that every time there is a bulk of people entering the city, there will be a positive case. People should not expect that there is no surge that would happen if we let people enter,” the mayor said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market