The local government will adhere to the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force to revert Davao City to general community quarantine (GCQ).
Palace spokesperson Harry Roque announced the new recommendation of the multi-sectoral body that listed regions under GCQ and enhanced community quarantine. Some regions that are deemed to be low-risk were allowed to open up their economies.
However, Mayor Sara Duterte said they will still submit their report to the national government since Davao City is still up for review.
There is a review on May 14 so we will submit a letter to submit our report so they will know what have we been doing, she said in her regular radio program yesterday.
But we remind, again, that GCQ does not mean go. There is still a quarantine, she said, adding that movement will still be restricted, along with some safety measures like social distancing and wearing of masks in public.
Roque announced that the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Managing of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has given the go-ahead for Davao Region to shift to GCQ
The IATF resolution No. 35 Key Points include:
A. Classification of risk levels and recommended approach as follows:
1. Low Risk areas (Minimum Health Standards, no GCQ or ECQ)
a. Region I –
b. Region IV-B
c. Region V
d. Region VI
e Region VIII
f. Region X
g. Region XII
2. Moderate risk areas will placed under GCQ starting May 16 to May 31, 2020.
a. Region II
b. Region III
c. Region IV-A – entire except Laguna
d. CAR – entire
e. Region VII – entire except Cebu
f. Region IX
g. Region XI
h. Region XIII
3. High-risk areas placed under (ECQ)
a. Laguna (Region IV-A)
b. National Capital Region
c. Cebu City (Region VII)
The mayor said that what GCQ essentially means is that the number of businesses that will be allowed to resume operations will increase. It means more workers will be going back to their respective jobs.
“But remember our GCQ is subject for review on May 14 so everybody should stand by, she said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1