The fate of the city on whether the quarantine protocols will be extended or modified will still depend on the assessment of the national body tasked to craft mechanisms in curbing the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año, vice chair of Covid-19 National Interagency Task Force, said Friday that the task force will release the assessment within the week as the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) is set to end on May 15.
“Wala pang recommendation (on lifting or extension of ECQ),” Año told TIMES, adding that the national body was still waiting for the latest data from the health experts in the city in relation to Covid-19 cases as this piece of information will serve as basis on whether to extend ECQ or modify it..
Mayor Sara Duterte earlier said the city government will just have to wait for the order from the national task force on what action to take after May 15.
In an interview over Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday, the mayor did not comment when asked as to what the city government will undertake after May 15, adding that she will just wait for the order.
“Dili pata kahatag ug definite na tubag ana,” she said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission