Law enforcers arrested two beneficiaries of the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) for playing a card game inside Pardillo Compound, Manga Street, Dumanlas, Buhangin District Friday.
Major Estrello Ramiso, Buhangin Police Station commander, identified the two, both residents of the place, as
Guillermo Dago-ok Bongcayao, 60, male, married, unemployed, senior citizen; and Jimmy Aguirre Geronimo, 47, male, widow, construction worker.
The report said someone informed the police station about an ongoing illegal gambling activity and a drinking session at Manga Street.
Members of the police unit immediately launched an operation that resulted in the arrest of the two who yielded a set of playing cards, P160 in cash, and a bottle of liquor.
Ramiso said investigation revealed that hours earlier, the two received P6,000 each as beneficiaries of SAP.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead