Law enforcers arrested two beneficiaries of the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) for playing a card game inside Pardillo Compound, Manga Street, Dumanlas, Buhangin District Friday.
Major Estrello Ramiso, Buhangin Police Station commander, identified the two, both residents of the place, as
Guillermo Dago-ok Bongcayao, 60, male, married, unemployed, senior citizen; and Jimmy Aguirre Geronimo, 47, male, widow, construction worker.
The report said someone informed the police station about an ongoing illegal gambling activity and a drinking session at Manga Street.
Members of the police unit immediately launched an operation that resulted in the arrest of the two who yielded a set of playing cards, P160 in cash, and a bottle of liquor.
Ramiso said investigation revealed that hours earlier, the two received P6,000 each as beneficiaries of SAP.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1