Law enforcers arrested two beneficiaries of the Special Amelioration Program (SAP) for playing a card game inside Pardillo Compound, Manga Street, Dumanlas, Buhangin District Friday.
Major Estrello Ramiso, Buhangin Police Station commander, identified the two, both residents of the place, as
Guillermo Dago-ok Bongcayao, 60, male, married, unemployed, senior citizen; and Jimmy Aguirre Geronimo, 47, male, widow, construction worker.
The report said someone informed the police station about an ongoing illegal gambling activity and a drinking session at Manga Street.
Members of the police unit immediately launched an operation that resulted in the arrest of the two who yielded a set of playing cards, P160 in cash, and a bottle of liquor.
Ramiso said investigation revealed that hours earlier, the two received P6,000 each as beneficiaries of SAP.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories