Mayor Sara Duterte has tapped the LGBTQ community to help in the rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
In an interview on Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday, she said that they noticed the recurring problem of unequal distribution of the food aid. She said some barangay officials favor their friends, relatives, and acquaintances.
“So, in our fifth round of distribution of rice in the barangays, we are taking out the political structure,” she said. “We are now assigning the LGBT sector and network (for distribution).”
She said the LGBTQ sector knows the concept of being inclusive so they would be fair to everyone. Duterte also reminded the group not to favor their community, as well as prioritize families that have not received the ration cards, cash subsidy, and the fresh goods given by the City Veterinarian’s Office and the City Agriculture Office.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success