Mayor Sara Duterte has tapped the LGBTQ community to help in the rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
In an interview on Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday, she said that they noticed the recurring problem of unequal distribution of the food aid. She said some barangay officials favor their friends, relatives, and acquaintances.
“So, in our fifth round of distribution of rice in the barangays, we are taking out the political structure,” she said. “We are now assigning the LGBT sector and network (for distribution).”
She said the LGBTQ sector knows the concept of being inclusive so they would be fair to everyone. Duterte also reminded the group not to favor their community, as well as prioritize families that have not received the ration cards, cash subsidy, and the fresh goods given by the City Veterinarian’s Office and the City Agriculture Office.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls