Mayor Sara Duterte has tapped the LGBTQ community to help in the rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
In an interview on Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday, she said that they noticed the recurring problem of unequal distribution of the food aid. She said some barangay officials favor their friends, relatives, and acquaintances.
“So, in our fifth round of distribution of rice in the barangays, we are taking out the political structure,” she said. “We are now assigning the LGBT sector and network (for distribution).”
She said the LGBTQ sector knows the concept of being inclusive so they would be fair to everyone. Duterte also reminded the group not to favor their community, as well as prioritize families that have not received the ration cards, cash subsidy, and the fresh goods given by the City Veterinarian’s Office and the City Agriculture Office.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus