Mayor Sara Duterte has tapped the LGBTQ community to help in the rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
In an interview on Davao City Disaster Radio on Friday, she said that they noticed the recurring problem of unequal distribution of the food aid. She said some barangay officials favor their friends, relatives, and acquaintances.
“So, in our fifth round of distribution of rice in the barangays, we are taking out the political structure,” she said. “We are now assigning the LGBT sector and network (for distribution).”
She said the LGBTQ sector knows the concept of being inclusive so they would be fair to everyone. Duterte also reminded the group not to favor their community, as well as prioritize families that have not received the ration cards, cash subsidy, and the fresh goods given by the City Veterinarian’s Office and the City Agriculture Office.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories