A village official in the city, whose barangay has been identified as among those with high cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infected residents, has admitted that it is difficult to look for isolation facilities.
“Given that Barangay Buhangin is an urban barangay, we really have a hard time in scouting for isolation facilities in our area,” said James Salvador, Buhangin barangay captain in an interview aired over Davao City Disaster Radio Thursday.
One problem, said Salvador, is that most of the vacant lots in the barangay are privately-owned. “Also, we cannot make use of the classrooms since we are not allowed to use it and covered courts since it is surrounded by houses,” he added as of May 2, the barangay had 35 cases of residents afflicted by the virus.
As the barangay is still looking for isolation facilities, Salvador has urged the residents to strictly follow the protocols so they cannot get infected.
Mayor Sara Duterte earlier ordered the barangays to set up their own isolation facilities to support the 11 city government-run isolation centers. (Krissa Ellane A. Lingaya/ADDU intern)
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year