The Davao City government is setting up three more coronavirus isolation facilities with 211 beds, about 30 doctors, nurses, and health support workers to serve the patients.
Based on a press statement from the City Information Office, these facilities called the “We Heal As One Centers” are located in the sites offered by the private and government partners at the RMC Petro Gazz Arena, UP Faculty and Staff Housing, and the University of the Philippines-Mindanao Sports Complex Training Gym.
“We Heal As One Centers” are temporary health facilities or emergency patient care centers in line with the government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. These are either preexisting structures or makeshift tents refurbished as a health facility.
This week, the city government has started moving supplies to the RMC Petro Gazz Arena which has a 48-bed facility.
The city government has also used some classrooms of the Rizal Memorial Colleges (RMC) for 30 healthcare workers to be assigned at the facility.
On the other hand, the UP Faculty and Staff Housing can cater to 35 patients while the UP Mindanao Sports Complex Training Gym will have 128 beds. Preparation works are still ongoing.
With the addition of these new facilities the city has 607 beds and 13 COVID-19 isolation facilities as Mayor Sara Duterte earlier said the target is to put up isolation facilities that will have 1,000 beds.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos