The city government has already completed its third round of rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
We have completed our third round of rice distribution to the communities, Mayor Sara Duterte said in an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday.
Davao City has downloaded sacks of rice to the barangay councils. Depending on the population, each barangay received a minimum of 3,000 kilos of rice. Now, the local government is preparing for the fourth round of distribution.
The rice distribution complements the other food relief programs of the city government since the COVID-19 lockdown in March.
The other food assistance programs are the food ration by the City Social Welfare and Development Office; fresh goods by the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinarians Office; and the food donations coming from the private sector that are being repacked by the Mayor’s Quick Response Team.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission