The city government has already completed its third round of rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
We have completed our third round of rice distribution to the communities, Mayor Sara Duterte said in an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday.
Davao City has downloaded sacks of rice to the barangay councils. Depending on the population, each barangay received a minimum of 3,000 kilos of rice. Now, the local government is preparing for the fourth round of distribution.
The rice distribution complements the other food relief programs of the city government since the COVID-19 lockdown in March.
The other food assistance programs are the food ration by the City Social Welfare and Development Office; fresh goods by the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinarians Office; and the food donations coming from the private sector that are being repacked by the Mayor’s Quick Response Team.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach