The city government has already completed its third round of rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
We have completed our third round of rice distribution to the communities, Mayor Sara Duterte said in an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday.
Davao City has downloaded sacks of rice to the barangay councils. Depending on the population, each barangay received a minimum of 3,000 kilos of rice. Now, the local government is preparing for the fourth round of distribution.
The rice distribution complements the other food relief programs of the city government since the COVID-19 lockdown in March.
The other food assistance programs are the food ration by the City Social Welfare and Development Office; fresh goods by the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinarians Office; and the food donations coming from the private sector that are being repacked by the Mayor’s Quick Response Team.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead