The city government has already completed its third round of rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
We have completed our third round of rice distribution to the communities, Mayor Sara Duterte said in an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday.
Davao City has downloaded sacks of rice to the barangay councils. Depending on the population, each barangay received a minimum of 3,000 kilos of rice. Now, the local government is preparing for the fourth round of distribution.
The rice distribution complements the other food relief programs of the city government since the COVID-19 lockdown in March.
The other food assistance programs are the food ration by the City Social Welfare and Development Office; fresh goods by the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinarians Office; and the food donations coming from the private sector that are being repacked by the Mayor’s Quick Response Team.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year