The city government has already completed its third round of rice distribution to the 182 barangays.
We have completed our third round of rice distribution to the communities, Mayor Sara Duterte said in an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday.
Davao City has downloaded sacks of rice to the barangay councils. Depending on the population, each barangay received a minimum of 3,000 kilos of rice. Now, the local government is preparing for the fourth round of distribution.
The rice distribution complements the other food relief programs of the city government since the COVID-19 lockdown in March.
The other food assistance programs are the food ration by the City Social Welfare and Development Office; fresh goods by the City Agriculturist Office and City Veterinarians Office; and the food donations coming from the private sector that are being repacked by the Mayor’s Quick Response Team.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories